A career at Community Health Centers
offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our
community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their
quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health
- A great benefits package that
includes healthcare coverage, retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, and
- Competitive compensation with
advancement opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest
Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018 and 2019.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for
Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive
health centers, that patients love.
To provide assistance and clerical support
to the Managed Care and Billing Departments.
Assist in billing and managed care functions. Responsible for completion of all duties and
Primary Responsibilities and Specific
- Type, copy and distribute
correspondence, memos, agendas and reports.
- Take minutes at meetings.
- Prepare and process bank
- Enter daily data in Posting
- Consolidate and submit Denial
Spreadsheets and Provider Coding Logs
- Arranges managed care audits.
- Schedule meeting space at
center and maintain calendar of same.
- Review and reassign the items
in the Managed Care Fax inbox in eCW.
- Opens and sort mail for the Billing
& Managed Care department.
- May run errands.
- Assists with and participates
in events and functions of center.
- Set up and maintain filing
system for the Billing & Managed Care department.
- Set up and maintain Managed
Care web portal log ins.
- Assists with entry of
Information Services requests and Facility Work Orders.
- Assists with mock emergency
drills and critiques.
- Transfers balances to patient's
responsibility on non-covered items, benefits denied or charges applied to
- Runs paper claims when
necessary and submits claims to appropriate fiscal intermediary.
- Reviews and appropriately
places account claims in the collection management system in eCW.
- Processes all returned mail
according to established policy and procedure.
- Processes electronic file for
monthly patient statements.
- Posts contractual adjustments
as required to Medicare, Medicaid, HMO, PPO and other accounts per
contracts and current reimbursement rates.
- Performs all other duties as
- High School Diploma or
equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 6 months experience
in a physician practice setting is required.
- Must have good communication
and customer service skills.
- Experience with Microsoft
Office Software including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to read, understand,
and follow oral and written instructions.
- Maintain patient
- Excellent communication and
customer service skills.