A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018 and 2019.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
Responsible for the management of Center(s) to meet financial, quality, patient satisfaction goals, employee engagement and retention. In partnership with Regional Directors, provides managerial leadership to ensure the implementation of the CHC Mission and Strategic initiatives. Ensures optimum employee satisfaction by building and maintaining a working environment of trust, open communication and respect for each employee.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Oversees the management of Center(s) including both Operations and Clinical teams
- Provides supervision, training, and evaluation of all staff within the center in collaboration with other management personnel
- Monitors and ensures compliance with the following requirements: employee performance management, coaching session, timely and accurate notes
- Hires, promotes, disciplines, and terminates staff in partnership with HR and in accordance with legal requirements and corporate policies and procedures
- Facilitates the professional development of staff
- Ensures compliance with CHC policies and procedures. For example: Progressive, Discipline/Termination; Time, Attendance & Punctuality; HIPAA Medical Records, Incident Reporting, Infection Control, Safety, Workplace Violence, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating knowledge of all new and existing policies and procedures and participates in education of staff
- Meets regularly with center leaders and employees to communicate corporate direction and performance feedback.
- Facilitates monthly provider, staff and team meetings
- Develops center schedules and monitors overtime
- Ensures compliance with work flow processes
- Initial recipient of call-outs for direct reports and responsible for coordinating staff and provider coverage
- In partnership with Regional Director, ensures the Center is meeting department and organizational goals. This includes strategic initiatives, turnover, financial requirements and productivity.
- Collaborates with leaders across the organization to identify objectives and strategies. In areas such as, performance improvement in care coordination, communications and management of patient care
- Examples of strategies include: pre-visit planning, huddles, one-on-one communication, regular site meetings to communicate and address patient care and operational requirements
- Ensures ongoing training to team members of the center including care teams and operations teams
- Maintains knowledge of, adheres to, and enforces corporate policies and procedures. Seeks guidance from Regional Director and appropriate internal resources, such as Human Resources and Finance.
- Receives and resolves patient and staff concerns, and applies problem solving strategies and techniques. Keeps Regional Director informed of any patient and staff concerns.
- Assists with project management initiatives and implementation of goals and objectives
- Monitors and manages daily provider productivity to ensure a positive financial status. Modify templates as needed to support productivity.
- Monitors and approves purchasing processes for assigned areas
- Participates in patient centered marketing activities in accordance with approved marketing plans and community events
- Participates in center QI/QA activities in accordance with the corporate QI/QA plans
- Monitors and provides periodic written and verbal reports on the status of the center's performance and key opportunities
- In partnership with Regional Directors, monitors reports/dashboard to identify variances in center performance and coordinates with other leaders to address successes and deficiencies
- Ensures center compliance with regulatory and grant requirements
- Maintains all necessary center information brochures, accreditation documents, and other information
- Maintains knowledge of and adheres to corporate policies related to Safety, Risk Management, AAAHC, HRSA, OSHA and VFC requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or other related field required
- A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in a practice management or healthcare setting is required
Required Special Skills:
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills and medical software experience, especially Electronic Health Records
- Must work flexible hours as required
- Travel to multiple locations as required
- Required to maintain a valid Florida Driver's License
Required to respond to after hour