CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
The Clinical Informatics Analyst is responsible for the effective delivery of systems training and end-user support which is accomplished through the use of information structures, information processes, and information technology across the organization.
The Clinical Informatics Analyst works independently to ensure users are appropriately trained and supported as they work towards achieving meaningful use of health information technology. This includes users effectively performing the workflow and having the technology to support their job roles in a Community Healthcare setting.
This position will deliver training programs focused on new employee orientation as well as assist with change management and user issues resolution. The Clinical Informatics Analyst will take the lead in troubleshooting efforts related to hardware and software issues both remotely and in the field to advocate for the user. They will assist in establishing best practice protocols in the designing, managing, implementing, and evaluating of user training needs to promote system adoption and maintain compliance with Federal and State initiatives and health care delivery models followed by the organization.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Independently provides project oversight for EHR and other system projects as appropriate.
- Establishes best practice protocols for complex interactions between end users and system interfaces across the organization.
- Responsible for developing and delivering materials for various training sessions including orientation, core roles-based training, workflows, and monthly release notes.
- Contributes to decision making related to the implementation of system and equipment installs, advocating for the user's perspective in the process.
- Provides user interface support for the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and with upgrades and new implementations of systems without supervision.
- Conducts classroom-style training for users, including group and one-on-one training sessions with all users.
- Conducts webinar style training for users using software, including group and one-on-one training sessions with all users.
- Conducts observations of users in their work settings to identify areas for improvement and suggestions for workflow redesign.
- Maintains knowledge of CHC standard configurations, workflows and specific templates and customization.
- Provides onsite training and issue resolution support at all CHC locations.
- Maintains a knowledgebase to document issues related to the various applications.
- Influences organizational adoption of healthcare informatics changes using a structured discipline of change management.
- Assists in determining future healthcare informatics needs including software, hardware, other electronic equipment, and personnel.
- Assists with coordinating requests by end users for system modifications and enhancements.
- Demonstrates ability to be self-directed and highly collaborative; has excellent organizational, process and analytical skills.
- Offers views and provides feedback to the Senior Manager of Informatics on user support, training/ educational needs, approaches, materials, and venues.
- Cross-train with various internal team members for providing clinical support to CHC associates.
- Take initiative for finding gaps in training documentation and create new documentation regarding clinical workflows and processes based on findings and creating meaningful instructional documentation.
- Strong leadership abilities to work with all levels of clinical and operational staffing to assist with troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Resolve relevant IS helpdesk tickets assigned to the Enterprise Applications team directly with the internal team members.
- Create process driven workflows providing meaningful and intuitive training materials for all CHC clinical roles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required. Associates or Bachelor degree required.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in healthcare industry preferred.
- 5 years of hands-on computer and application experience required.
- A minimum of 3 years in an LPN or RN role preferred or minimum of 3 years' experience as an MA in the healthcare industry.
- ECW knowledge required.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office products and ability to work with related applications such as Word, Outlook, Publisher, etc.
- Experience with training, support, and implementation of EHR and information technology initiatives and tools are required.
- The position requires responsibility for after-hours coverage as required for application support. This includes troubleshooting of end user issues, IS ticket management, and participation in EHR maintenance support and project go-lives.
- Ability to work autonomously to develop and document workflow design and identify areas for improvement.
- Ability to evaluate and analyze system features and functionality for problem resolution both on location and through telephone support.
- Conceptual and practical understanding of various training techniques for users with various learning styles.
- Ability to develop and document workflow design and identify areas for improvement.
- Able to effectively and respectfully communicate between medical and dental providers, clinical and practice management support staff and leadership.
- Able to travel to any of CHC's locations as needed.
- The job requires considerable contact with people and the ability to train and motivate others.
- The position requires the ability to connect the continuously changing environment of health informatics.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed. Reliable transportation and current Florida Driver's license is required.