CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
Under the guidance of the Director of Operational Analytics; the Data Analyst serves as a resource to the organization by supporting the maintenance of the Operations Dashboard, aggregating, analyzing, and reporting of operations, clinical quality, finance, managed care and other key data to ensure effective and efficient operations, as well as regulatory and accreditation requirements. Works collaboratively with the leadership in Operations, Medical and Quality to develop, manage and communicate data sets including HEDIS/Star program, regulatory requirements, Uniform Data Sets, and grant reporting.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Extracts, aggregates, analyzes, and develops reports using data sources including:
- Monthly patient satisfaction data
- Operational Dashboard
- Provider Dashboards
- Data related to quality improvement studies
- Uniform Data Sets
- HEDIS/Star/Managed Care
- Contributes to Quality Improvement Studies and quarterly QI/QA assessments.
- Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of various areas, e.g. operations, clinical quality, finance, managed care, in meeting established goals, objectives, and benchmarks.
- Collaborates with the Chief Medical Officer, Chief of Quality, and Director of Clinical Outcomes.
- Creates and maintains organizational dashboards.
- Identifies internal or external data required for use in analyses.
- Participates in the development of reports for external reporting, for example HRSA and AAAHC.
- Contributes to the development and completion of quality improvement studies
- Serves as an organizational resource and expert related to data analysis tools and presentation of data via development of dashboards.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to obtain necessary data.
- Develops forecasts related to productivity and other key metrics.
- Reviews and recommends new metrics for analysis and presentation.
- Assists with the review, interpretation, and deployment tactics of managed care data for population health
- Serves as member of the Quality Improvement Committee
- Runs and develops ad-hoc reports
- Bachelor's Degree in business, health administration, informatics, statistics or related field.
- Master's degree in business, health administration, informatics, or statistics preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in healthcare or business setting analyzing business processes preferred.
- At least one-year experience working with data visualization software (i.e. Power BI, Tableau) preferred.
- At least one-year experience working with quality data within a healthcare entity preferred.
- Excellent reading comprehension and writing skills including spelling and grammar.
- Statistical analysis skills for trending analysis and report.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clinical as well as non-clinical staff
- Communicate with a high degree of professionalism in both writing and speech; maintain professional demeanor and dress.
- Maintain confidentiality of all clinical and corporate data.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed.
- Reliable transportation and current Florida Driver's license is required.
- Travels to all CHC locations.