A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded “Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation” in 2018.
- Awarded “Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families” by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
Responsible for dental assisting duties listed in Florida Statutes 466 and Administrative Rules 64B-5, screening and preparing patients for treatment; assisting dentist in treating patients; educating patients; processing instruments.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Verify patient by use of Double Identifier's
- Obtain patient history.
- Document patient's chief complaint.
- Obtain patient's blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and/or glucose level, if necessary; enter on patient's chart.
- Place, expose, and develop necessary diagnostic x-rays.
- Assemble appropriate instrument tray.
- Perform dental procedure or assist dentist in performing procedure, as appropriate.
- Conduct patient education.
- Maintain Log Manuals
- Maintain inventory.
- Order and organize supplies.
- Change filters, change solutions or chemicals, clean and maintain equipment
- Perform operatory disinfections.
- Clean, bag and sterilize instruments.
- Remove expired items from the clinical areas
- May be required to travel to other CHC locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent; successful completion of Expanded Functions Dental Assistant Certification (EFDA).
- 2 years experience in a dental setting preferred
- Current/valid Expanded Functions Dental Assistant Certificate (EFDA).
- Current/valid BLS certification
- Ability to stay positive in stressful situations.
- Ability to deal professionally with unhappy, fearful patients
- Able to work flexible hours and sites as needed.