A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health Centers
This position is responsible for support to the VP/Chief Dental Officer, Director of Dental Operations, and the Dental Department. It requires use of presentation software, strong communication skills and a strong commitment to and affinity for delivering the highest level of customer service. This individual acts as a liaison between dental clinical support staff, providers, and clinical functions. Provides support for dental student clinical rotation programs.
Responsible for duties listed in Florida Statutes 466 and Administrative Rules 64B-5, screening and preparing patients for treatment; assisting dentist in treating patients; educating patients; processing instruments. Provide technical training assistance, implementation support and customer product support for new and existing dental clinical information systems and equipment. Develop new training materials, manuals, and provide general user support.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
· Maintains the Dental Coverage Calendar and works in collaboration with the Administrative Assistant in providing clerical support to the VP/Chief Dental Officer and the Director of Dental Operations.
· Initial recipient of "call outs".
· Performs duties in assigned position and can work clinically as a EFDA, if needed.
· Meets VP/Chief Dental Officer and/ or the Director of Dental Operations on a biweekly basis, or as required.
· Communicates with the Treating Dentists for any scheduling, encounter (procedure codes/assessment codes), and training concerns, as needed
· Provides Slot Utilization Information for the Dental Department to the VP/Chief Dental Officer and the Director of Dental Operations monthly.
· Coordinates and helps to facilitate new site dental openings
· Facilities routine staff meetings with Dental Staff.
· Resolves patient concerns and facilitates site transfers.
· Initiates Incident Reports, Facilities and IS Requests. and Ensures proper completion, documentation and communication as required.
· Conducts Mock Surveys and/or emergency drills.
· Monitors and manages Administrator for the use of Care Credit at CHC Dental
· Monitors timely and accurate input of patient diagnosis and services information
· Proficiency of PowerPoint creation and presentation
· Assists in the development, production and customization of reports using Microsoft Office tools and establishes, maintains, and documents data files.
· Monitoring eCW Jelly Bean Reports:
- Support Staff
- Unlocked Charts
- No Shows reports
- Review for discharges for non-compliance and behavior
- Facilitates the No show process for documentation and notification
· Appeals process for re-instatement for Dentals services (Review with the CDO and treating dentist, documents review, and generates the letter for outcome)
· Patient Transfers from sites
· Manages actions and requests.
· Monitors the timeliness and accuracy of patient scheduling,
· eCW Scheduling template, (creation, and updates)
· Coordinates with the Call Center Team and Call center leadership for Schedule Coverage updates, and overall template updates.
· Huddles with the Dental Call Center team to maintain an open line of communication and interoffice support to address updates and concerns.
· Contact for the collaborating agencies with CHC for patient referrals and scheduling. (Example, New Beginnings, Ryan White, WODA, Florida Hospital Home Care Services, and ORMC Pediatric Dental Referrals)
· Collaborates with other Community Health Centers regarding CHC's EHR system.
· Assists in EHR Audits (Administrative portion of chart audits)
· Assists in AAAHC Chart reviews and CHC preparation meetings
· Merges Duplicate Accounts.
· eCW Merge
· Dental Module Merge
· Tiger View-x-ray merge
· Responsible for the inventory of equipment, instruments and supplies.
· Assists with ensuring compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations, and accrediting bodies.
· Notifies leaders regarding problems relating to utilities, equipment, and software.
· Required to frequently travel to all other CHC locations. Assignments may include evenings and weekends.
· Reviews and approves Travel Expense Reports.
· Dental Front Desk Specialist staff and work flow processes
· Prepares employee evaluations, and applicable competencies
· Conducts employee coaching sessions.
· Facilitates the professional development of staff.
· Insurance verification, payment postings for completeness and correct computations, referral functions, charge entry and generation of claims.
· Collaborates with CHC Billing department for any needed updates on encounters to ensure proper billing and payment. (Assessment codes, Billing codes, X-rays, and narrative notes from the provider's--Clinical and Front Desk-Encounters and Claims)
Training and Education of Dental Staff & Students:
· Clinical/Practice Management/Onboarding Plans:
· Dentist (DDS / DMD)
· Dental Hygienist (RDH, CRDH)
· Dental Assistant
· Dental Front Desk Specialist
· Dental Assistant-Dental Training Specialist
· Dental, Hygiene and Assisting Student Programs
· Dental Hygiene Student Instructor(s)
· Annual Competencies for Dental Assistant's
· Works with the Student Programs to coordinate/ensure proper scheduling of students, and for patient care.
· Refresher team training. (Internal/External)
· Conducts and provides performance analysis of the Dental Training Specialist and Dental Student Liaisons.
· Accepts responsibility for maintaining and updating knowledge of all new and existing policies and procedures and participates in education of staff.
· Manages Error Documents
· Perform other duties as assigned or necessary
· High School Diploma required.
· Associate Degree preferred.
· Current BLS certification required
· Expanded Functions Dental Assistant or Registered Dental Hygienist preferred
· Must have a valid Florida Driver's License.
· A minimum of two years as an expanded functions dental assistant, required. Dental practice experience, preferred.
· A minimum of two years in a healthcare setting (i.e. community health center, large dental office or group practice) required.
· A minimum of two years as a Trainer, preferred
· Must have excellent organizational skills, ability to communicate with a variety of personality types in an efficient and friendly manner.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Computer (Microsoft Office, Internet) skills are also required.
· Continued employment is contingent on the successful completion of eCW Training.
· Ability to problem solve and work with minimal guidance.
· Initiative and creativity, paired with a willingness to work with other departments in developing and maintaining organizational systems is imperative.