CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
Responsible for collecting, logging, processing and reporting on all patient test specimens; insuring accuracy and promptness in reporting test results; reporting test results to the provider, especially in critical or life threatening situations; maintenance of current lab documentation.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Participates in patient care coordination, one-on-one communication, patient contact, email, and documentation of any services accessed and/or health care related concerns/needs that have arisen since last visit.
- Participate in team meetings to address patient care and operational requirements.
- May participate in huddles emphasizing a team based approach to care.
- Perform proper phlebotomy technique.
- Accurately view and transmit orders within eCW.
- Correlate test request with proper collection media.
- Perform waived testing if necessary and document required Quality Control.
- Assist providers in determining specific tests to be performed and/or availability of tests within eCW and reference labs.
- Accurately process specimens and send out to correct reference lab.
- Accurately verify billing.
- Verify required consents are documented.
- Enter specified results into eCW accurately.
- Receive and log reports from reference lab.
- Report abnormalities and critical values to provider.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient data.
- Monitor electronic interface.
- Order supplies as needed, using CHC purchasing procedures.
- Participate in training of students or staff as assigned.
- Team members in this role will need to be familiar with navigating daily tasks and workflow within an electronic health record which includes creating and updating electronic documentation using electronic tools and applications on portable computing devices, results review, order entry and clinical decision support.
- Individuals will assist in organizing the work of a provider to take full advantage of the features of health IT in pursuit of meaningful use of health IT to improve health and care. This includes communicating health/medical information using standard definitions, vocabularies, terminologies and/or relevant data sets as used in the organization's health information systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary.
- May travel to other locations as necessary.
- High School or equivalent.
- Completion of Medical Assistant course with valid Medical Assistant diploma, or documentation of training from other Medical Assistant courses may also be considered.
- One year experience as a Lab Assistant or Medical Assistant preferred.
- Lab or phlebotomy experience may be considered without Medical Assistant diploma. New graduates will be considered.
- Current/valid BLS certification, or must be obtained within the first 30 days of employment.
- Ability to deal with patients effectively in upsetting situations; able to function professionally in emergency situations.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish, English / Creole) skills preferred.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed and sites as needed.