CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, CME, Malpractice Coverage and more.
- National Health Service Corp (NHSC) loan repayment approved sites.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant functions as a collaborative member of the health care team in the delivery of comprehensive health and health maintenance to patients in ambulatory settings. Provides outpatient comprehensive primary care service including: preventive and health maintenance services, acute and chronic care, clinical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties Include:
- Adhere to current disease management protocols, and key clinical pathways, and use them to improve clinical performance.
- Participate in collaboratives and health care programs of federal and state governments approved by the Executive Team. Work with QI to ensure compliance with clinical measures.
- Complete required documentation and assigned tasks on time (jelly-beans, EHR processes, telephone encounters, locking charts, payroll sheets, etc.).
- Facilitate needed referrals, including social services for patients requiring services not offered at CHC in coordination with referral services representatives and care team nurses.
- Precept medical students as assigned.
- Complete all duties, responsibilities, and competencies in a manner that is appropriate to the age groups to whom care/services are being provided.
- Assist in the review of primary care protocols and patient education materials in collaboration with Leader and/or CMO.
- Provide necessary information and signatures for participation in reimbursement arrangements such as Medicare, Medicaid, and other plans.
- Review incoming reports (labs, x-rays, EKG's, etc.), sign-off, and follow up per guidelines.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of coding and billing requirements. Provide accurate coding information in EHR that corresponds to care given and documented progress notes.
- Rotate to other CHC centers as needed to provide coverage.
- Provide off-hours and Saturday clinic coverage as assigned by Leader and/or CMO.
- Report as needed to Leader and/or CMO any pertinent information or situations that impact on patient care or CHC liability.
- Act as a resource for medical support staff. Provide support and encouragement to clinical staff and center Leader.
- Attend and participate in mandatory CHC meetings (center specific quarterly meetings, corporate meetings, and other meetings designated by Leader).
- Participate in Peer Review and Quality Assurance activities as requested.
- Respond to requests and provide feedback for clinical support staff or center leader evaluations.
- Perform all surgical procedures using standard sterile techniques and CDC guidelines within scope of practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Leader and/or CMO.
For Certification the requirements for Education are:
- Applicants who graduated on or after October 1, 1998, must have completed requirements for a Master's degree or Post- Master's degree certification
- Applicants who graduated prior to October 1, 1998 are exempt from above requirement
- Graduates from either a certificate or currently closed program should submit supporting documentation that demonstrates program compliance with Board guidelines.
- Three to five years of experience preferred
- Current certificate issued by ANCC and/or or AANP or eligible
- Active Florida license required
- DEA license preferred
- BLS certification required
- Commitment and ability to keep up to date with scientific and technological developments/literature.
- Able to work flexible hours as assigned.
- Able to work at other CHC locations as assigned.