CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
Provide outpatient and inpatient comprehensive OB/GYN services including: preventive and health maintenance services, acute and chronic care, clinical evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment as well as OB/GYN consultation services.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties Include:
- Be familiar with CHC's program philosophies, goals, and objectives. Be cognizant of and comply with all CHC's policies and procedures, as well as state and federal regulations.
- Adheres to current, applicable evidence-based clinical guidelines, standards of care, and standards of practice.
- Adhere to current disease management protocols, and key clinical pathways, and use them to improve clinical performance.
- Participate in collaboratives and health care programs of federal and state governments approved by the Executive Team. Work with QI to ensure compliance with clinical measures.
- Complete required documentation and assigned tasks on time (jelly-beans, EHR processes, telephone encounters, locking charts, payroll sheets, etc.).
- Understand the requirements of CHC's Exposure Control Plan. Assure compliance with this plan by support staff assigned to assist you. Personally utilize universal precautions when practicing in the clinical setting.
- Facilitate needed referrals, including social services for patients requiring services not offered at CHC in coordination with referral services representatives and care team nurses according to CHC policy.
- Participate in team member outreach and off-site health care programs pertinent to specialty. Represent CHC Values and Mission in the community.
- Precept students as assigned.
- Advise and assist APRNs as needed in accord with approved protocols and procedures.
- Complete all duties, responsibilities, and competencies in a manner that is appropriate to the age groups to whom care/services are being provided.
- Assist in the review of OB/GYN care protocols and patient education materials in collaboration with Leader and/or CMO.
- Provide necessary information and signatures for participation in reimbursement arrangements such as Medicare, Medicaid, and other plans.
- Review incoming reports (labs, x-rays, EKG's, etc.), sign-off, and follow up per guidelines.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of coding and billing requirements. Provide accurate coding information in EHR that corresponds to care given and documented progress notes.
- Rotate to other CHC centers as needed to provide coverage.
- Provide off-hours and Saturday clinic coverage as assigned by Leader and/or CMO.
- Report as needed to Leader and/or CMO any pertinent information or situations that impact on patient care or CHC liability.
- Act as a resource for medical support staff. Provide support and encouragement to clinical staff and center Leader.
- Attend and participate in mandatory CHC meetings (center specific quarterly meetings, corporate meetings, and other meetings designated by Leader).
- Complete all required training courses on time and maintain proper certification
- Participate in Peer Review and Quality Assurance activities as requested. Participate in obstetrical high-risk chart reviews as requested by Leader and/or CMO.
- Respond to requests and provide feedback for clinical support staff or center leader evaluations.
- Assist with the recruitment of other physicians and clinical staff.
- Make recommendations to Leadership regarding the purchase of clinical supplies, instruments, equipment, and repair and/or maintenance of these.
- Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively with other members of the team. Be supportive of coworkers.
- Maintain proper and professional appearance at all times.
- Perform all surgical procedures using standard sterile techniques and CDC guidelines within scope of practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Leader and/or CMO.
- Graduation from an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy and completion of approved residency in specialty field
- Successful completion of approved residency program in specialty
- Active Florida License required
- DEA license required
- BLS certification required
- Board eligible or Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology required
- Hospital Privileges required if participating in deliveries/hospital procedures
- Commitment and ability to keep up to date with scientific and technological developments/literature.
- Able to work flexible hours as assigned.
- Able to work at other CHC locations as assigned