CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at
Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes
a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health
while enhancing their quality of life.
to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare
coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement
opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in
the Nation" in 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that
and inpatient comprehensive OB/GYN services including: preventive and health
maintenance services, acute and chronic care, clinical evaluation, diagnosis,
and treatment as well as OB/GYN consultation services.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties Include:
- Be familiar with CHC's program philosophies, goals,
and objectives. Be cognizant of and comply with all CHC's policies and
procedures, as well as state and federal regulations.
- Adheres to current, applicable evidence-based clinical
guidelines, standards of care, and standards of practice.
- Adhere to current disease management protocols, and
key clinical pathways, and use them to improve clinical performance.
- Participate in collaboratives and health care programs
of federal and state governments approved by the Executive Team. Work with
QI to ensure compliance with clinical measures.
- Complete required documentation and assigned tasks on time
(jelly-beans, EHR processes, telephone encounters, locking charts, payroll
- Understand the requirements of CHC's Exposure Control
Plan. Assure compliance with this plan by support staff assigned to assist
you. Personally utilize universal precautions when practicing in the
- Facilitate needed referrals, including social services
for patients requiring services not offered at CHC in coordination with
referral services representatives and care team nurses according to CHC
- Participate in team member outreach and off-site
health care programs pertinent to specialty. Represent CHC Values and Mission in the
- Precept students as assigned.
- Advise and assist APRNs as needed in accord with
approved protocols and procedures.
- Complete all duties, responsibilities, and
competencies in a manner that is appropriate to the age groups to whom
care/services are being provided.
- Assist in the review of OB/GYN care protocols and
patient education materials in collaboration with Leader and/or CMO.
- Provide necessary information and signatures for
participation in reimbursement arrangements such as Medicare, Medicaid,
and other plans.
- Review incoming reports (labs, x-rays, EKG's, etc.),
sign-off, and follow up per guidelines.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of coding and billing
requirements. Provide accurate coding information in EHR that corresponds
to care given and documented progress notes.
- Rotate to other CHC centers as needed to provide
- Provide off-hours and Saturday clinic coverage as
assigned by Leader and/or CMO.
- Report as needed to Leader and/or CMO any pertinent
information or situations that impact on patient care or CHC liability.
- Act as a resource for medical support staff. Provide
support and encouragement to clinical staff and center Leader.
- Attend and participate in mandatory CHC meetings
(center specific quarterly meetings, corporate meetings, and other
meetings designated by Leader).
- Complete all required training courses on time and
maintain proper certification
- Participate in Peer Review and Quality Assurance activities
as requested. Participate in obstetrical high-risk chart reviews as
requested by Leader and/or CMO.
- Respond to requests and provide feedback for clinical
support staff or center leader evaluations.
- Assist with the recruitment of other physicians and
- Make recommendations to Leadership regarding the
purchase of clinical supplies, instruments, equipment, and repair and/or
maintenance of these.
- Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively with other
members of the team. Be supportive of coworkers.
- Maintain proper and professional appearance at all
- Perform all surgical procedures using standard sterile
techniques and CDC guidelines within scope of practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Leader and/or CMO.
- Graduation from an accredited school of medicine or
osteopathy and completion of approved residency in specialty field
- Successful completion of approved residency program in
- Active Florida License required
- DEA license required
- BLS certification required
- Board eligible or Certified in Obstetrics and
- Hospital Privileges required if participating in
- This position requires a high degree of
responsibility, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational ability,
problem-solving skills, and written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to quickly identify problems as well as their
most effective treatments.
- Skilled in addressing patient care needs in a
compassionate and empathetic manner.
- Skilled in working in a collaborative, team-based
- Demonstrate respect and regard for the dignity of all
patients, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional and
- Adept at managing reasonable patient expectations and
- Some knowledge of accreditation standards (AAAHC, HRSA)
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, Internet,
eClinical Works related software, and online resources).
- Logical, methodical approach to work and capable of
- Bilingual preferred.
- Commitment and ability to keep up to date with
scientific and technological developments/literature.
- Able to work flexible hours as assigned.
- Able to work at other CHC locations as assigned