Primary Responsibilities and Specific
- Participates in site meetings to address patient care and operational requirements, including one-on-one communication.
- Prescriptions - (Data entry) Enters patient information including insurance coverage and prescriptions in the pharmacy software.
- Submits insurance claims and follows up on rejections
- Types labels neatly and without error.
- Counts and measures medications correctly.
- Billing & payments from customers & third party
Completes cash and insurance transactions accurately.
Figures cost & pricing of prescriptions correctly.
Collects payments from patients &/or family members
and provide receipts.
Cleans and maintains supplies in pharmacy.
Receives vendor orders; brings orders to pharmacy; signs
invoices documenting receipt, checks incoming drugs and stock drugs for current
Completes inventories in an accurate and timely manner.
- Initiates and corresponds with 3rd party insurers regarding qualifying information and follows up with possible inclusion and set up for all pharmacy sites.
- Corresponds with 3rd party insurers regarding drug rejections, reversals, additions and inquiries regarding reimbursements.
- Assists with pharmacy compliance to applicable statutory requirements (DEA, Board of Pharmacy) and compliance to accreditation standards (AAAHC).
- Initiates contact with providers to obtain corrections or clarification of prescription.
- Maintains accurate accounting for drugs obtained and dispensed through patient assistance or other patient friendly programs. Submits reversals as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate routing of expired drugs to reverse distributor and follows up with proof of disposition and any appropriate
- Maintains accurate record of drugs returned to wholesaler and follows up with proof of credit.
- Mentors new pharmacy technicians to include all processes used at CHC.
- Assists with record-keeping requirements.
- Sends updates of drug file changes and additions to all pharmacies.
- Sends reminders to pharmacy manager of upcoming employee leave requests and corresponding personnel coverage.
- May be assigned to others centers to assist with coverage on an as needed basis.
- Type, copy and distribute correspondence, memos, agendas, and reports.
- May run errands as assigned.
- Perform other mechanical, technical or administrative tasks assigned by the pharmacist which do not themselves constitute practice of the profession of pharmacy.
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician by the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
- Certified as a Pharmacy Technician by PTCB or NHA or must be obtained within 180 days of hire.
- Current Florida Driver's License required.
- Able to work flexible hours.
- May be required to travel to other CHC locations as needed on a short notice.