CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
Under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician is responsible for assisting the pharmacist in filling prescriptions, billing of prescriptions to third parties, collection of payments from patients and maintaining drug inventory.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Participates in site meetings to address patient care and operational requirements, including one-on-one communication.
- Prescriptions - (Data entry) Enters patient information including insurance coverage and prescriptions in the pharmacy software.
- Submits insurance claims and follows up on rejections
- Types labels neatly and without error.
- Counts and measures medications correctly.
- Billing & payments from customers & third party
- Completes cash and insurance transactions accurately.
- Figures cost & pricing of prescriptions correctly.
- Collects payments from patients &/or family members and provide receipts.
- Supplies and inventory
- Cleans and maintains supplies in pharmacy.
- Receives vendor orders; brings orders to pharmacy; signs invoices documenting receipt, checks incoming drugs and stock drugs for current dating.
- Completes inventories in an accurate and timely manner.
- Initiates and corresponds with 3rd party insurers regarding qualifying information and follows up with possible inclusion and set up for all pharmacy sites.
- Corresponds with 3rd party insurers regarding drug rejections, reversals, additions and inquiries regarding reimbursements.
- Assists with pharmacy compliance to applicable statutory requirements (DEA, Board of Pharmacy) and compliance to accreditation standards (AAAHC).
- Initiates contact with providers to obtain corrections or clarification of prescription.
- Maintains accurate accounting for drugs obtained and dispensed through patient assistance or other patient friendly programs. Submits reversals as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate routing of expired drugs to reverse distributor and follows up with proof of disposition and any appropriate credits.
- Maintains accurate record of drugs returned to wholesaler and follows up with proof of credit.
- Mentors new pharmacy technicians to include all processes used at CHC.
- Assists with record-keeping requirements.
- Sends updates of drug file changes and additions to all pharmacies.
- Sends reminders to pharmacy manager of upcoming employee leave requests and corresponding personnel coverage.
- May be assigned to others centers to assist with coverage on an as needed basis.
- Type, copy and distribute correspondence, memos, agendas, and reports.
- May run errands as assigned.
- Perform other mechanical, technical or administrative tasks assigned by the pharmacist which do not themselves constitute practice of the profession of pharmacy.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of retail experience preferred.
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician by the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
- Certified as a Pharmacy Technician by PTCB or NHA or must be obtained within 180 days of hire.
- Current Florida Driver's License required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish helpful
- Able to work flexible hours.
- May be required to travel to other CHC locations as needed on a short notice.