A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018 and 2019.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Monitor clinical exam rooms for broken equipment and/or other facility issues.
- Disinfect exam rooms and medical equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting on non-or malfunctioning equipment.
- Monitors supply and exam rooms for expires items.
- Escorts patients through-out the center as needed.
- Empty biomedical waste cans, transports trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal area.
- Run errands as needed, such as picking up prescriptions, and delivering specimens.
- Assist with ordering supplies and inventory maintenance.
- Stock exam rooms.
- Puts medical supplies away.
- Assemble education packets, contraceptive packets, and downtime packets.
- Follows all infection control practices including hand washing techniques, standard precautions and isolation precautions.
- Assist with collection of patient satisfaction surveys.
- Perform or assist with audits such as environmental safety, AAAHC, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 3-6 months previous experience in a medical office setting required.
- Current/valid BLS certification, or must be obtained within the first 30 days of employment.
- Skill in creating an atmosphere conducive to customer friendly relations by providing memorable, courteous, friendly and prompt customer service.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) communications skills helpful.
- Ability to show courtesy and respect to all customers.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to identify problem issues and determine the appropriate course of action/redirection within department guidelines required to resolve issues.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed.