CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity
to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by
improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits
package that includes healthcare coverage, paid time off, paid holidays,
retirement plan, and more.
compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition / training
- Awarded "Best and
Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- Awarded "Top 100
Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and
attractive health centers, that patients love.
Responsible for clinical leadership, supervision and coordination of all clinical functions and designated clinical staff members at a health center in conjunction with the Corporate Director of Nursing and Assistant Director of Nursing. Provides quality of care by clinical staff and participates in clinical quality initiative. Works with Operations Leader to ensure optimum patient and employee satisfaction. May also provide direct nursing services.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific
- Provides supervision, training, and evaluation of
- Orients and train
new clinical support staff and students.
- Monitors and
ensures compliance with the following requirements: team member performance
management, coaching sessions, and completes timely and accurate documentation.
- Develops work schedules
on a weekly basis and assures proper coverage.
- Completes team
member clinical competencies in a timely manager and according to procedures.
compliance with CHC policies and procedures such as Progressive Discipline and
Termination, Time, Attendance, and Punctuality, HIPAA, Incident Reporting,
Infection Control, Safety, and all other applicable policies/procedures.
- Meets with Nursing
Department, establishes meeting schedule to update appropriate staff of changes
or problem-solving solutions.
applicants for clinical support staff positions; makes hiring recommendations
to Corporate Director of Nursing. Ensures
that all new hire training requirements are met.
- Reviews and
investigates patient complaints related to clinical operations and related
patient satisfaction issues and provides updates to the nursing department.
- Participates in
all clinical QA activities and infection control initiatives as directed.
- Responsible for
ensuring compliance with the Vaccine and Reach Out and Read programs.
- Monitors all
items listed on the Clinical Duty Checklist.
- Assists with
organization pilots or projects.
- Routine Nursing
- Collects patient history, gather information pertinent
to visit and document.
- Communicates with the provider regarding patient care.
- Assists patients and the provider in exam areas.
- Administers immunizations and injections.
- Provides clinical treatments/procedures as directed as
need to assist clinical support staff.
- Labels and processes specimens.
- Draws blood from patients.
- Assist the providers with patient intake, discharge,
procedures, medication administration, and patient follow up
- Other Duties:
- Orders medical supplies and maintains medical equipment
(proper QC & cleaning).
- Monitors and ensures that instruments are properly
cleaned, sterilized, stored for procedures.
- Monitors logs associated with nursing, laboratory, and
- Assists with adjusting patient schedules to ensure
proper clinical staff coverage.
- Monitors the needs of clinical staff on a regular basis.
- Performs tracking/reporting of various regulatory
- Ensures daily quality assurance checks are completed on
- Maintains the pap smear log and ensures that patients
are appropriately followed-up.
- Maintains integrity of all pharmaceuticals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
from an accredited school of nursing with LPN.
- 2 years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Minimum of 2 years management experience in medical
- Prior supervisory
responsibility for greater than 5 clinical staff required.
- Prior experience with
X-Ray and Lab operations preferred.
- Current/valid Florida LPN
BLS certification or must be obtained within the first 30 days of employment.
- E-mail, internet, Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Obtains CHC super user-level competence
have good interpersonal skills
- Must have flexibility
and ability to manage multiple obligations and set priorities.
work flexible hours as needed.
- Valid Florida Driver's License is required.