A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018 and 2019.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
Couriers are responsible for the timely and accurate distribution of interagency mail, supplies, records and other items. Pick up and distribute incoming mail and appropriately prepares outgoing mail. Other responsibilities may include the timely pick up and delivery of CHC bank deposits.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Distribution of interagency mail and other materials
- Picks up, sorts and delivers interagency mail, records, supplies, etc. from and to identified locations on a timely basis.
- Will also be required to pick up and deliver items requiring special handling including drugs and pharmaceuticals, dental prosthesis, specimens and/or patient medical records. Will determine and adhere to requirements for time and temperature sensitive items.
- Where necessary, will pick up and deliver to specific authorized individuals or departments.
- In order to maximize efficiency, works with all Center Directors/Managers to establish central mail pick up and drop off locations and pre-sorting as dictated by volume.
- Ensures that the confidentiality of all documents handled is strictly maintained.
- Distribution of external mail
- Picks up corporate mail from the post office and delivers to the corporate office and CHC locations.
- Responsible for and authorized to sign for certified and registered mail, and ensures that these priority items are identified upon delivery.
- Processes all outgoing mail from various Center locations.
- Affixes the most appropriate postage, records postage usage as per current policies, and delivers to the post office. Will become familiar with and adhere to current U.S. postal regulations.
- On occasion, prepares special bulk mailings. Advises supervisor of unusual volumes which could produce delays in other functions, or which may necessitate assistance.
- Prepares and delivers to the post office special mail requests including registered, certified, and/or insured parcels and correspondence.
- Non-routine Delivery Requirements
- Transports other necessary materials to Board members, funding agencies or other parties as directed by supervisor, or other senior management personnel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, or necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one-year prior experience in transportation.
- Some knowledge of computer systems (i.e., Employee Self Service).
- Current, valid Florida driver's license.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed.
- Safe driving record.
- Must be insurable at standard rates, and capable of being bonded.