CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
The Call Center Nurse is responsible for day to day telephonic medical management. Manages member care ensuring essential, effective, appropriate and coordinated behavioral and physical health and social services. Acts as a member advocate, seeking and coordinating solutions to member health care needs.
The Call Center Nurse will also serve as a contact for patients and other customers on scheduling an appointment, reaching their provider or Care Team, or asking general questions involving CHC. The Call Center Nurse is responsible for ensuring that all necessary data is entered properly, accurately and thoroughly. In addition, communicates to the patient pertinent information with regard to all CHC programs and services, financial balances, instructions and/or information needed prior to the scheduled appointment. The Call Center Nurse provides exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers and strives to continuously improve service delivery.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
Customer Care nurse Responsibilities:
- Answer the telephone promptly in a courteous and professional manner.
- Will maintain, produce, and complete call logs and reports as indicated.
- Will maintain minimum amount of calls per day as directed by Supervisor.
- Uses call flow chart to properly assist patient and make appointments as indicated, identifying and escalating priority issues.
- Communicates to assigned Supervisor or Center Leaders clinical cases needing a higher level of intervention in a timely manner.
- Documents all patient care information according to CHC procedures which includes navigation in the EHR by utilizing the appropriate workflow, tools, and resources.
- Updates patient information as indicated or as necessary.
- Under the guidance of the Provider, respond to questions regarding medications and treatment instruction; record and report member's condition; provide education and teaching; and answer questions regarding diagnostic testing and treatment by researching required information using available resources.
- Maintains, responds, and utilizes working relationships with and knowledge of referral sources, community resources, and collaboratively works with other departments.
- Acts as a clinical resource to other internal departments.
- Attends all training and in-service meetings.
Customer care representative Responsibilities:
- Schedule patient appointments according to CHC protocols:
- Obtain and enter accurate demographic information into CHC electronic health record (address, telephone number, insurance information, etc.).
- Schedule patient appointment according to scheduling protocols.
- Review, update and confirm appointment date, time, location, and provider name with caller.
- Inform caller of necessary items to bring to appointment (including identification card, insurance card, medications, office visit fee, etc.).
- Inform caller of cancellation/no-show policy.
- Answer questions and offer other information, as requested or needed.
- Service patients
- Perform outbound calls to cancel or reschedule patient appointments and/or provide additional information as needed.
- Provide assistance with special projects as call volume permits.
- Act as a liaison for the patients and the Health Center:
- Direct calls to other departments as needed.
- Responsible for escalating calls appropriately according to procedures.
- Maintain performance expectations such as: Average Calls Answered, Average Talk Time, and other performance metric requirements.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Current LPN or RN license
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a licensed LPN or RN required.
- Call Center Nurse experience preferred.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records preferred.
- Current Florida Driver's License.
- Must possess and maintain current/valid Florida LPN or RN license.
- Current/valid BLS certification, or must be obtained within the first 30 days of employment.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with patients effectively in frequently upsetting situations.
- Able to function professionally in emergency situations.
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Creole, preferred.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed.
- May require traveling to CHC locations as assigned.