CHC follows the
CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19
A career at Community
Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real
impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while
enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at
Community Health Centers
- A great
benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, paid time off, paid
holidays, retirement plan, and more.
compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition / training
"Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018, 2019,
"Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
and attractive health centers, that patients love.
Responsible for dental assisting duties listed in Florida
Statutes 466 and Administrative Rules 64B-5, screening and preparing patients
for treatment; assisting dentist in treating patients; educating patients;
and Specific Duties:
- Verify patient by use of Double Identifier's
- Obtain patient history.
- Document patient's chief complaint.
- Obtain patient's blood pressure, pulse, temperature,
and/or glucose level, if necessary; enter on patient's chart.
- Place, expose, and develop necessary diagnostic x-rays.
- Assemble appropriate instrument tray.
- Perform dental procedure or assist dentist in
performing procedure, as appropriate.
- Conduct patient education.
- Maintain Log Manuals
- Maintain inventory.
- Order and organize supplies.
- Change filters, change solutions or chemicals, clean
and maintain equipment
- Perform operatory disinfections.
- Clean, bag and sterilize instruments.
- Remove expired items from the clinical areas
- May be required to travel to other CHC locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent; successful
completion of Expanded Functions Dental Assistant Certification (EFDA).
- 2 years experience in a dental setting preferred
- Current/valid Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Current/valid BLS certification
- Ability to stay positive in stressful situations.
- Ability to deal professionally with unhappy, fearful
- Able to work flexible hours and sites as needed.