CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition/training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
Responsible for greeting patients, patient registration, financial counseling, and establishing and maintaining accurate patient records on the computer. This position may require some medical and dental front desk responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Must be able to accurately perform job duties at a Center with 5 or more scheduling templates or requires both medical and dental front desk responsibilities.
- Participate in team meetings to communicate and address patient care and operational requirements.
- Greet patients with a smile and introduce self.
- Resolve patient requests, questions and complaints frequently requiring analysis of situations to determine best use of resources.
- Provide prompt and accurate service to promote patient loyalty.
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Obtain accurate patient demographic information and Pharmacy of choice.
- Copy insurance cards/driver's license.
- Keep patient apprised of wait times.
- Collect applicable co-pays.
- Verifies patient insurance coverage.
- Accurately schedule all patient appointments.
- Record all cancellations and No Show's; send "No Show" letter.
- For scheduled patients - maintain a "quick call" list for cancellations.
- Post charges; cancellations.
- Accept patient payments; stamp back of checks (obtain driver's license number and signature); enter account number on credit card receipt.
- Post payments to computer accurately and in timely manner (no later than one day after payment is received).
- Prepare revenue for bank deposit and give to Center Manager for timely depots.
- Prepare and balance daily Operator/Location Close Report; obtain Manager signature
Use of Equipment and Software Applications
- Answer telephones; transfers call to appropriate staff.
- Take messages and place them in designated area.
- Answer phone queries from other facilities, public health units, etc.
- Manages Outlook mail and calendar daily.
- Demonstrates practical knowledge in the use of the computer terminal.
- Interview patients to determine employment status, insurance coverage(s) and insurance plan deductibles; sliding fee scale, and eligibility for payment plans.
- Contact patients for payment plans (as required).
- Enter patient data into computer, update yearly or as needed.
- Assist patients with billing problems.
- Assist patients with Medicaid eligibility application and/or other payer programs.
- Respond to questions regarding patient balances, collections, and insurance.
- Audit patient charts.
- Discuss supplies required for downtime procedures.
- Generates end-of-day closing reports and procedures. Balances cash, checks and credit card charges.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- May be required to travel to other CHC locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year of front office experience including Electronic Medical Records preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Previous dental office experience preferred.
- Experience with Care Credit financing preferred.
- Able to work flexible hours.