CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plans, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition/training reimbursement.
- Awarded “Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation” in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Awarded “Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families” by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
Under the guidance of the Regional Director, the Center Coordinator provides leadership, supervision, direction, administration, and coordination within the Center for non-clinical and clinical areas. Actively participates in providing excellent customer service within the Center and accepts responsibility for maintaining relationships that treat everyone with dignity and respect. Ensures optimum employee satisfaction by building and maintaining a working environment of trust, open communication, and respect for each employee.
Center Coordinator positions are located at sites that do not have a Center Manager assigned.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Provides supervision, training, and evaluation of all staff within the center in collaboration with other management personnel
- Monitors and ensures compliance with the following requirements: employee performance management, coaching session, timely and accurate notes
- Evaluates resumes or employment of potential candidates for open positions
- Develops onboarding and training schedules for new team members. Assists with orientation and training of newly hired staff.
- Hires, disciplines, and terminates staff in partnership with HR and in accordance with legal requirements and corporate policies and procedures
- Facilitates the professional development of staff
- Ensures compliance with CHC policies and procedures. For example, Progressive, Discipline/Termination; Time, Attendance & Punctuality; HIPAA Medical Records, Incident Reporting, Infection Control, Safety, Workplace Violence, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating knowledge of all new and existing policies and procedures and participating in the education of staff
- Facilitates monthly all staff, team, and provider meetings
- Conducts regular rounding at assigned Center(s)
- Develops center schedules and monitor’s overtime
- Ensures compliance with workflow processes
- Covers as appropriate during staff vacancies, vacation, leaves of absence, etc.
- Initial recipient of callouts. Assist with the daily schedule to cover callouts, and then reports the changes to the Regional Director or Center Manager. Keeps the flow of the work running smoothly and reports any issues that may impede the work environment to the Regional Director or Center Manager.
- Collaborates with the Regional Director to identify objectives and strategies for performance improvement in care coordination, communications, and management of patient care
- Responsible for the participation of team members in pre-visit planning, huddles, one-on-one communication, regular site meetings, and email to communicate and address operational requirements
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and the health center
- Ensures daily and weekly tasks are completed
- In the absence of the Regional Director, acts as their designee when requested
- Primary designee for any patient complaints with the goal of resolving the complaint or escalating to the Regional Director when the complaint cannot be resolved
- Coordinates/evaluates daily operations including clerical, nursing, information systems, and facilities management. Provides first-line support and resolution of facility issues
- Evaluates key processes for continuous improvement and efficiency
- Recommends facility improvements and routinely evaluates clinical and non-clinical space
- Maintains all necessary center information brochures, accreditation documents, and other information
- Assists with ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations, and accrediting bodies. Conducts and participates in real or mock surveys and or emergency drills.
- Initiates incident reports and ensures proper completion and communication as required
- Functions as a Subject Matter Expert for EHR for Operations
- Ensures equipment is in proper working order; including required yearly or bi-annual maintenance stickers
- Maintains knowledge of and adheres to corporate policies related to Safety, Risk Management, AAAHC, HRSA, OSHA, and VFC requirements
- Participates in center QI/QA activities in accordance with corporate QI/QA plans
- Acts as a liaison between departments regarding center business and/or clinical functions as applicable
- Maintains supply inventories and orders supplies with leadership approval
- Completes additional projects and/or duties as assigned within established guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in Business, Healthcare Administration preferred
- LPN or RN preferred
- Nursing position must possess and maintain valid Florida license, if applicable
- Current BLS certification required or must be obtained within the first 30 days of employment for nurses
- At least 2 years of previous experience in practice management or healthcare setting
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Required Special Skills:
- Excellent supervisory and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills and medical software experience, especially Electronic Health Records
- Must work flexible hours as required
- Travel to multiple locations as required
- Required to maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License
- Required to respond to after hour alarm calls