CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
Leads the clinical care team by ensuring the following: Assists in coordinating and monitoring activities of the clinical care team, coordination of quality patient care, lab work, administering medications and immunizations, and performing routine clinical duties.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Coordinates and facilitates structured communication to center care team members and providers relating to patient care coordination, pre-visit planning, huddles, one-on-one communication, emails, patient contact and documentation of any services provided and/or health care related concerns/needs that have arisen since last visit.
- Participates in team meetings to communicate and address patient care and operational requirements.
- Responsible for leading or ensuring the huddles are completed daily and uploaded as indicated.
- Routine clinical duties:
- Answers the telephone in a courteous and professional manner.
- Collects patient history and gathers information pertinent to visit; document all communication to patients and clinicians.
- Continuous management of the care team's schedule(s), such as work-ins, walk-ins, open- access and patient flow.
- Conducts chart reviews for documentation, billing, and/or grammatical errors.
- Administers immunizations and medications as ordered while utilizing the rights of safe medication administration.
- Communicates with clinician frequently regarding patient care.
- Faxes orders or prescriptions to hospitals, pharmacies, or other vendors.
- Assists patient and clinician in exam areas.
- Gives treatments/procedures as directed.
- Assists clinicians with Administrative paperwork.
- Schedules patient appointments as needed.
- Labels and processes specimens.
- May draw blood from patients.
- Communicates to assigned supervisor/provider or leads all cases needing a higher level of intervention in a timely fashion.
- Assists with various procedures (such as EKG, wound care, VFC, and all other procedures), and participates in chaperoning as indicated.
- Performs various test (glucose, hemoglobin, strep, and all other test required and specified)
- Specific Duties:
- Ensures daily and weekly tasks are completed each day/week (as applicable) for their discipline.
- Ensures medical equipment for each discipline is in proper working order.
- Ensures that each clinical support staff (CSS) assigned to their room by the end of the workday has properly stocked the exam rooms.
- Assists team in resolving any encountered problems. Reports any unresolved matters to the Nurse Manager.
- Responsible for creating the clinical schedule and assigning daily, weekly, and monthly clinical duties with nurse managers approval.
- Revises the daily schedule, if necessary, due to callouts, reports changes to the Nurse Manager. Keeps the flow of work running smoothly and reports any issues that may impede the work environment to the Nurse Manager.
- Assigns and monitors quality controls logs, abnormal pap tracking, outstanding orders, and buckets within your care team and is responsible for their completion.
- Assists with orientation of newly hired staff and students.
- May order medications, vaccines, and medical supplies with the Nurse Manager's approval.
- Assist the Nurse Manager with VFC, VFA, HRSA monitoring, reporting, and ordering or any other program as applicable.
- May assist with chart audits.
- Attends in-services, and departmental meetings as requested.
- Team members in this role will need to be familiar with navigating daily tasks and workflow within an electronic health record which includes creating and updating electronic documentation using electronic tools and applications on portable computing devices, results review, order entry and clinical decision support.
- Individuals will assist in organizing the work of a provider to take full advantage of the features of health IT in pursuit of meaningful use. This includes communicating health/medical information using standard definitions, vocabularies, terminologies and/or relevant data sets as used in the organization's health information systems.
- May be expected to cross train and function within all medical disciplines (such as Family, Pediatrics, and OB/GYN).
- May be required to travel to other CHC locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides feedback to the Nurse Manager for 90 day or annual evaluations for members of their team.
- Responsible for completing annual clinical competencies
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of accredited Licensed Practical Nursing course required.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Health Care, Managed Care, physician practice, or clinic setting required.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills and attention to detail, and possess a good working knowledge of electronic medical records
- Must possess and maintain current/valid Florida LPN license.
- Current/valid BLS certification or must be obtained within the first 30 days of employment.
- Ability to deal with patients effectively in upsetting situations; able to function professionally in emergency situations.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Able to work flexible hours and sites as needed.
- Able to work evenings and weekends.