CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, CME, Malpractice Coverage and more.
- National Health Service Corp (NHSC) loan repayment approved sites.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant functions as a collaborative member of the health care team in the delivery of comprehensive health and health maintenance to patients in ambulatory settings. The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant provides outpatient comprehensive primary care service including: preventive and health maintenance services, acute and chronic care, clinical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties Include:
- Be familiar with CHC's program philosophies, goals, and objectives. Be cognizant of and comply with all CHC's policies and procedures, as well as state and federal regulations.
- Adhere to current disease management protocols, and key clinical pathways, and use them to improve clinical performance.
- Participate in collaboratives and health care programs of federal and state governments approved by the Executive Team. Work with QI to ensure compliance with clinical measures.
- Complete required documentation and assigned tasks on time (jelly-beans, EHR processes, telephone encounters, locking charts, payroll sheets, etc.).
- Understand the requirements of CHC's Exposure Control Plan. Assure compliance with this plan by support team members assigned to assist you. Personally utilize universal precautions when practicing in the clinical setting.
- Facilitate needed referrals, including social services for patients requiring services not offered at CHC in coordination with referral services representatives and care team nurses.
- Participate in team member outreach and off-site health care programs pertinent to specialty. Represent CHC Values and Mission in the community.
- Precept medical students as assigned.
- Complete all duties, responsibilities, and competencies in a manner that is appropriate to the age groups to whom care/services are being provided.
- Assist in the review of primary care protocols and patient education materials in collaboration with Leader and/or CMO.
- Provide necessary information and signatures for participation in reimbursement arrangements such as Medicare, Medicaid, and other plans.
- Review incoming reports (labs, x-rays, EKG's, etc.), sign-off, and follow up per guidelines.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of coding and billing requirements. Provide accurate coding information in EHR that corresponds to care given and documented progress notes.
- Rotate to other CHC centers as needed to provide coverage.
- Provide off-hours and Saturday clinic coverage as assigned by Leader and/or CMO.
- Report as needed to Leader and/or CMO any pertinent information or situations that impact on patient care or CHC liability.
- Act as a resource for medical support staff. Provide support and encouragement to clinical staff and center Leader.
- Attend and participate in mandatory CHC meetings (center specific quarterly meetings, corporate meetings, and other meetings designated by Leader).
- Complete all required training courses on time and maintain proper certification.
- Participate in Peer Review and Quality Assurance activities as requested.
- Respond to requests and provide feedback for clinical support staff or center leader evaluations.
- Assist with the recruitment of other physicians and clinical staff.
- Make recommendations to Leadership regarding the purchase of clinical supplies, instruments, equipment, and repair and/or maintenance of these.
- Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively with other members of the clinician team. Be supportive of coworkers.
- Maintain proper and professional appearance at all times.
- Perform all surgical procedures using standard sterile techniques and CDC guidelines within scope of practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Leader and/or CMO.
For Certification the requirements for Education are:
- Applicants who graduated on or after October 1, 1998, must have completed requirements for a Master's degree or Post- Master's degree certification
- Applicants who graduated prior to October 1, 1998 are exempt from above requirement
- Graduates from either a certificate or currently closed program should submit supporting documentation that demonstrates program compliance with Board guidelines.
- Three to five years of experience preferred
- Current certificate issued by NCCPA, ANCC and/or or AANP or eligible
- Active Florida license required
- DEA license preferred
- BLS certification required
- This position requires a high degree of responsibility, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational ability, problem-solving skills, and written and oral communication skills. This position also requires a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and manual dexterity.
- Ability to quickly identify problems as well as their most effective treatments.
- Skilled in addressing patient care needs in a compassionate and empathetic manner.
- Skilled in working in a collaborative, team-based practice.
- Demonstrate respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional and courteous environment.
- Adept at managing reasonable patient expectations and complaints.
- Some knowledge of accreditation standards (AAAHC, HRSA) preferred.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, Internet, electronic health records and online resources).
- Logical, methodical approach to work and capable of meticulous record-keeping.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Commitment and ability to keep up to date with scientific and technological developments/literature.
- Able to work flexible hours as assigned.
- Able to work at other CHC locations as assigned.