A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018 and 2019.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
The Optometric Technician is responsible for first class customer service and for performing one or more of the following assignments: conducting pre-screening exams, processing patient's information through the computer system and maintaining the operation of the examination room.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Conducts pre-screening exam/testing
- Maintain clean, hygienic work area and exam room
- Completes patient visual history
- Prepares referrals, follow-up paperwork and associated tasks
- Assist in ordering of eyewear and repairs and adjustments of eyewear
- Assist in helping patients select their frames according to their insurance allowance.
- Assist in dispensing of eyewear and maintaining proper inventory
- Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the optical center.
- Completes additional projects and/or duties as assigned or necessary by the Optometric Coordinator within established guidelines.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current/valid BLS certification, or must be obtained within the first 30 days of employment.
- Minimum of 1yr experience in the optical/tech field.
- Effective team player
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Bilingual preferred
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Able to work flexible hours as needed.