A career at
Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes
a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health
while enhancing their quality of life.
to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare
coverage, retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement
opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded “Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in
the Nation” in 2018.
- Awarded “Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families” by
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that
direction of the Director of Pharmacy, responsible for the full practice of
pharmacy in accordance with applicable regulatory statues and accreditation
standards; interpreting prescription orders, packaging, labeling, dispensing,
administering and distribution of drugs and devices; accepts full
responsibility as Pharmacy Manager of the site as defined in Florida DPR
Statute #465.018, and other requirements as defined in Statutes 465, 21s, 893,
plus applicable DEA, AAAHC and 340b requirements.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Collaborates with providers on medication management.
- Ensures QRE's are properly reported.
- Participates in site meetings to address patient care
and operational requirements, including one-on-one communication.
- Interprets, fills and verifies prescriptions.
- Counsels patients on medication usage.
- Monitors drug therapy in conformance with OBRA Act.
- Performs medication review and recommends alternative
therapies as appropriate.
- Responsible for medications received, drug storage,
inventory control, pricing and record maintenance.
- Properly handle and process expired and returned
- Supervises staff and work flow processes.
- Prepares employee evaluations and applicable
- Conducts employee coaching sessions.
- Facilitates the professional development of
staff. Accepts responsibility for
maintaining and updating knowledge of all new and existing policies and
procedures and participates in education of staff.
- Holds and leads routine staff meetings to communicate
- Implements and assists in the training and orientation
program for all new employees.
- Enforces adherence to policies and procedures
including Time, Attendance and Punctuality policy.
- Reviews and approves travel expense reports.
- Maintains professional and business practice
- Ensures legal and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for submitting reports and logs to
Director of Pharmacy.
- Participates in center and provider meetings regarding
pharmacy operations, updates, pricing changes and drug availability.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary.
- Graduate of an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Minimum of two years' experience in pharmacy preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Current and valid Florida Pharmacist license required.
- Certification in immunizations preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication
skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of personality types
in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, Internet,
Pharmacy related software, EHR and online resources).
- Ability to problem solve and work with minimal
- Some knowledge of accreditation standards (AAAHC,
- Able to work flexible hours as assigned.
- Able to work at other CHC locations as assigned.