CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
Responsible for clinical leadership, supervision and coordination of all clinical functions and designated clinical staff members. Actively oversees quality of care by clinical staff and participates in clinical quality initiative. Works with Center Manager to ensure optimum patient and employee satisfaction. May also provide direct nursing services.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Provides supervision, training, and evaluation of assigned staff.
- Orient and train new nursing personnel and students.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with the following requirements: employee performance management, coaching sessions, and completes timely and accurate counseling notes.
- Will be required to establish a monitoring atmosphere with supervised personnel and administer disciplinary policies in consultation with the Corporate Director of Nursing and Human Resources when indicated.
- Schedule personnel on a weekly basis, evaluate need for overtime and insure proper coverage.
- Completes team member clinical competencies in a timely manager and according to policy.
- Ensures compliance with CHC policies and procedures such as Progressive Discipline and Termination, Time and Attendance, and Punctuality, HIPAA, Incident Reporting, Infection Control, Safety, and all other applicable policies/procedures.
- Meet with Nursing Department, Chief of Quality, Regional Director, and/or Chief Operations Officer as required, establish meeting schedule to update appropriate staff of changes or problem-solving solutions.
- Interview applicants for nursing positions; make hiring recommendations to Corporate Director of Nursing. Will ensure that all new hire requirements are met.
- May review and investigate patient complaints related to clinical operations and related patient satisfaction issues.
- Will participate in all clinical QA activities and infection control initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Vaccine and Reach Out and Read programs.
- Monitors all items listed on the Nurse Manager Duty Checklist.
- Routine Nursing Duties (May perform any or all of these tasks at least 20% of the time)
- Collect patient history, gather information pertinent to visit and document.
- Communicate with clinician regarding patient care.
- Assist patient and clinician in exam areas.
- Administer immunizations and injections.
- Give treatments/procedures as directed.
- Label and process specimens.
- Draw blood from patients
- Assist clinicians
- Other duties
- Order medical supplies and maintain medical equipment.
- Will assist the Nursing Department with the review/update of nursing policy and procedures annually or as indicated.
- Monitor that instruments are properly cleaned, sterilized, stored for procedures.
- Monitor logs associated with nursing, laboratory, and x-ray departments.
- Assist with adjusting patient schedules in case of emergencies or illnesses.
- Monitors the needs of clinical staff on a regular basis.
- Directs tracking/reporting of various regulatory agencies.
- Review prescriptions with clinicians when required or when implementing procedures for the drug assistance programs.
- Ensure daily quality assurance checks for appropriate equipment.
- Maintain the Pap smear log and ensures that patients are appropriately followed-up.
- Maintains integrity of all pharmaceuticals.
- May assist with managed care chart audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with Associates degree required. BSN or MSN preferred.
- 2-5 yrs. management experience in a large multispecialty medical practice.
- 1-2 yrs. experience in a public/community health or equivalent healthcare setting.
- Prior supervisory responsibility for greater than 10 clinical staff.
- Prior experience with X-Ray and Lab operations helpful.
- Current/valid Florida RN license required.
- Current/valid BLS certification or must be obtained within the first 30 days of employment.
- Phlebotomy certification preferred
- Bilingual capability helpful.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have flexibility and ability to juggle many obligations and set priorities.
Able to work flexible hours as needed.