CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition/training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love..
Responsible for greeting patients, patient registration, financial counseling, referrals, and establishing and maintaining accurate patient dental records on the computer. This position may require some medical and dental front desk responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Must be able to accurately perform job duties at a Center with 5 or more dental scheduling templates.
- Greet patients with a smile and introduce yourself.
- Resolve patient requests, questions, and complaints frequently requiring analysis of situations to determine best use of resources.
- Build and maintain business relationship with patients by providing prompt and accurate service so as to promote patient loyalty.
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Record all cancellations and No Show; send a "No Show" letter.
- Initiates appointment reminder calls and confirms patient appointments accurately.
- Collects and verifies appropriate patient demographic and insurance information.
- For scheduled patients - maintain a "quick call" list for cancellations.
- Enters provider-approved payment arrangements in patient account and provides patient with payment plan information.
- Prints visit summaries, collect patient payments, and posts to accounts. Prints and provides receipts and appointment cards to patients.
- Possess practical knowledge of MCNA referral process, enters and submits patient
- Prints visit summaries, collects patient payments, and posts to accounts. Prints and provides receipts and appointment cards.
- Provides patient with complete sliding scale program information.
- Collects, evaluates, and documents sliding scale program application, and supporting documentation and accurately determines program eligibility.
- Provides patients with program-specific benefit insurance information.
- Assist patients with billing problems.
- Finalize all paperwork for billing ensuring Dentist signatures.
- Respond to questions regarding patient balances, collections, and insurance.
- Creates/updates actions and/or telephone encounters.
- Generates and prints patient No-Show letters daily.
- Monitors dental team productivity.
- Scans, titles, and files patient documents using the correct naming conventions and locations.
- Perform a variety of duties associated with referring patients to other specialists or institutions for additional dental care.
- Review and explain the process for referral to the patient including, but not limited to what is involved, who the providers are, and how to get to the specialist's office.
- Responsible for MCNA referral process including accurately entering and submitting patient referral information into the web portal.
Equipment and Software Applications:
- Answer telephones; transfers call to appropriate staff, takes messages
- Manages Outlook mail and calendar daily.
- Demonstrates knowledge in the navigation and use of eClinical Works and Tiger View.
- May be required to travel to other CHC locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of dental office experience preferred including Electronic Medical Records or other dental software.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Previous experience with Care Credit financing preferred.
- Must be proficient with dental procedure codes; exemplary attendance and punctuality is required.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Able to work flexible hours and travel to other dental sites as needed.