CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plans, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition/training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
The Referral Services Representative is responsible for providing first-class customer service and ensures that all necessary patient data is completed and coordinated properly, accurately, and thoroughly. The Referral Services Representative provides customer satisfaction to both internal and external customers and strives to continuously improve service delivery.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Participate in team meetings to communicate and address patient care and operational requirements.
- Answer the telephone in a courteous and professional manner.
- Take accurate, detailed messages from patients for providers and other office staff.
- Answer phone queries from other medical facilities, public health units, etc.
- Assist with routine office duties as needed.
- Accurately processes referrals and orders, including the timely tracking of referrals and orders for completion.
- Perform a variety of duties associated with referring patients to other specialist or institutions for additional health care.
- Review and explain the referral process to the patient including, but not limited to steps that are involved, who the referral providers are and how to contact a hospital or referral specialist office.
- Obtain insurance authorization as needed.
- Ensure all necessary consents are available, or make arrangements to obtain them.
- Process all incoming and outgoing patient data information to ensure appropriate coordination and continuity of patient care.
- Forward all Release of Information requests to appropriate vendor.
- Responsible for monitoring faxes and accurately attaching documents to correct patient account, using appropriate naming conventions.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with HIPPA regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; some business classes, vocational/technical training preferred.
- At least 1 year previous experience in a medical office setting and knowledge of E-Clinical software or equivalent is required.
- Skill in creating an atmosphere conducive to customer friendly relations by providing, memorable, courteous, friendly and prompt customer service.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) communications skills helpful.
- Ability to show courtesy and respect to all customers.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to identify problem issues and determine the appropriate course of action/redirection within department guidelines required to resolve issues.
- Ability to resolve issues of conflict in a tactful and professional manner and to effectively diffuse irate callers; typing and computer skills.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed.