A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018 and 2019.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
for preparing patients for interaction with provider, assists with coordination
of quality patient care, and performing routine clinical duties under the
general supervision of a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Participates in patient care
coordination, pre-visit planning, huddles, one-on-one. communication, patient
contact, and documentation of any services accessed and/or health care related
concerns/needs that have arisen since last visit.
- Obtain information from the patient
during the visit to include vital signs and all required quality measure
data as preparation for patient visit.
- Participate in team meetings to
communicate and address patient care and operational requirements.
- Participates in huddles emphasizing
a team-based approach to care.
- Answers the telephone in a
courteous and professional manner.
- Collect patient history and gather
information pertinent to visit; document all communication to patients and
clinicians in the electronic health record (EHR)
- Continuous monitoring of the care
team's schedule, provider schedules, and patient appointments.
- Reviews charts for documentation,
billing, and/or grammatical errors.
- Communicate with clinician
frequently regarding patient care.
- Assist patient and clinician in
exam areas to include procedures and chaperoning as indicated.
- Schedule patient appointments as
- Label and collect specimens.
- Follows Infection
Control guidelines to include maintaining a clean environment, exam rooms,
equipment, including handling of blood and body fluid.
- Communicates to assigned
supervisor/provider or leads all cases needing a higher level of intervention
in a timely fashion.
- Will perform in a professional
manner, by maintaining strong interpersonal, listening, and communication
skills to exceed customer service expectations.
- Maintain supply inventories and
medical stock in exam rooms and nursing station; keep secured; check expiration
dates; order supplies as needed.
supplies and equipment with care to avoid unnecessary waste or damage.
- Keeps equipment functioning safely, notify nurse/provider/leader
immediately of any situation that might compromise human safety.
- Participates in the orientation of
clinical support staff.
- Maintain patient information within
- Team members in this role will need
to be familiar with navigating daily tasks and workflow within an EHR which
includes creating and updating electronic documentation using electronic tools
and applications on portable computing devices, results review, order entry and
clinical decision support.
- Individuals will assist in
organizing the work of a provider to take full advantage of the features of
health IT in pursuit of meaningful use. This includes communicating
health/medical information using standard definitions, vocabularies,
terminologies and/or relevant data sets as used in the organization's health
- Will be expected to cross train and
function within all medical disciplines (such as Family, Pediatrics, and
- May be required to travel to other
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certification with
the State of Florida.
- Minimum of 1-year
experience working as a Certified Nursing Assistant required.
- Ability to demonstrate
organizational skills and attention to detail and possess a good working
knowledge of electronic medical records.
- Basic understanding of
medical terminology and documentation.
- Ability to use basic
- Current Basic Life Support
(BLS) certification. Must be
completed within 30-days of hire.
- Maintains a
professional relationship and positive attitude with co-workers, the
public, patients, and the entire organization.
- Maintains the highest
professional and work ethics.
- Displays enthusiasm
toward the work, mission, and vision of the organization.
- Able to perform
- Able to work flexible hours and sites as
- Able to work evenings and weekends
- Exceptional Customer
- Ability to communicate
effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Excellent grammar, spelling,
and interpersonal skills.