CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded “Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation” in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Awarded “Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families” by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
The Document Management Clerk is responsible for carrying out all duties related to processing incoming faxes and ensures that all necessary patient data is completed and coordinated properly, accurately, and thoroughly. The Document Management Clerk provides customer service satisfaction to both internal and external customers and strives to continuously improve service delivery.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Accurately process all incoming patient information to ensure appropriate coordination and continuity of patient care.
- Responsible for monitoring faxes and accurately attaching documents to correct patient account, using appropriate naming conventions.
- Forward Release of Information requests to appropriate vendor.
- Responsible for reviewing incoming records for reportable labs an assign appropriately.
- Review for reportable diagnostic imaging and create an order according to procedure.
- Participate in team meetings to communicate and address patient care and operational requirements.
- Take accurate, detailed messages from patients for providers and other office staff.
- Answer phone queries from other medical facilities, public health units, etc.
- Assist with routine office duties as needed.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with HIPPA regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; some business classes, vocational/technical training preferred.
- At least 1 year previous experience in a medical office setting required. Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records is highly preferred.
- Skill in creating an atmosphere conducive to customer friendly relations by providing, memorable, courteous, friendly and prompt customer service.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) communications skills helpful.
- Ability to show courtesy and respect to all customers.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to identify problem issues and determine the appropriate course of action/redirection within department guidelines required to resolve issues.
- Ability to resolve issues of conflict in a tactful and professional manner and to effectively diffuse irate callers; typing and computer skills.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed.