CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at
Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes
a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health
while enhancing their quality of life.
to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare
coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement
opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in
the Nation" in 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that
comprehensive primary care service including: preventive and health maintenance
services, acute and chronic care, clinical evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment
as well as primary care consultation services.
and Specific Duties:
- Be familiar with CHC's program philosophies, goals,
and objectives. Be cognizant of and comply with all CHC's policies and
procedures, as well as state and federal regulations.
- Adhere to current disease management protocols, and
key clinical pathways, and use them to improve clinical performance.
- Participate in collaborative and health care programs
of federal and state governments approved by the Executive Team. Work with
QI to ensure compliance with clinical measures.
- Complete required documentation and assigned tasks on
time (jelly beans, EHR processes, telephone encounters, locking charts,
payroll sheets, etc.).
- Understand the process of CHC's Exposure Control Plan.
Assure compliance with this plan by support team members assigned to
assist you. Personally utilize universal precautions when practicing in
the clinical setting.
- Facilitate needed referrals, including social services
for patients requiring services not offered at CHC in coordination with
referral services representatives and care team nurses.
- Participate in team member outreach and off-site
health care programs pertinent to specialty.
- Represent CHC Values and Mission in the community.
- Precept students as assigned.
- Advise and assist APRN's as needed in accord with
approved protocols and procedures.
- Complete all duties, responsibilities, and
competencies in a manner that is appropriate to the age groups to whom
care/services are being provided.
- Assist in the review of primary care protocols and
patient education materials in collaboration with Leader and/or CMO.
- Provide necessary information and signatures for
participation in reimbursement arrangements such as Medicare, Medicaid,
and other plans.
- Review incoming reports (labs, x-rays, EKG's, etc.),
sign-off, and follow up per guidelines.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of coding and billing
requirements. Provide accurate coding in formation in EHR that corresponds
to care given and documented progress notes.
- Rotate to other CHC centers as needed to provide
- Provide off-hours and Saturday clinic coverage as
assigned by Leader and/or CMO.
- Report as needed to Leader or CMO any pertinent
information or situations that impact on patient care or CHC liability.
- Act as a resource for medical support staff. Provide
support and encouragement to clinical staff and center Leader.
- Attend and participate in mandatory CHC meetings
(center specific quarterly meetings, corporate meetings, and other
meetings designated by Leader
- Complete all
required training courses on time and maintain proper certification.
- Participate in Peer Review and Quality Assurance activities
- Respond to requests and provide feedback for clinical
support staff or center leader evaluations.
- Assist with the recruitment of other physicians and
- Make recommendations to Leadership regarding the
purchase of clinical supplies, instruments, equipment, and repair and/or
maintenance of these.
- Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively with other
members of the team. Be supportive of coworkers.
- Maintain proper and professional appearance at all
- Perform all surgical procedures using standard sterile
techniques and CDC guidelines within scope of practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Leader and/or CMO.
- Graduation from an accredited school of medicine or
osteopathy and residency trained in their specialty field
- Three to five years of experience preferred
- Active Florida license required
- DEA license required
- BLS certification required
- Board eligible or Certified in Family Practice
- This position requires a high degree of
responsibility, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational ability,
problem-solving skills, and written and oral communication skills. This
position also requires a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and
- Ability to quickly identify problems as well as their
most effective treatments.
- Skilled in addressing patient care needs in a
compassionate and empathetic manner.
- Skilled in working in a collaborative, team-based
- Demonstrate respect and regard for the dignity of all
patients, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional and
- Adept at managing reasonable patient expectations and
- Some knowledge of accreditation standards (AAAHC, HRSA)
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, Internet,
eClinical Works related software, and online resources).
- Logical, methodical approach to work and capable of
- Bilingual preferred.
- Commitment and ability to keep up to date with
scientific and technological developments/literature.
- Able to work flexible hours as assigned.
- Able to work at other CHC locations as assigned.