CHC follows the CMS requirements which requires all team members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination.
A career at Community Health Centers offers a unique opportunity to join a team that makes a real impact in our community every day, by improving individuals' health while enhancing their quality of life.
Top Reasons to Work at Community Health Centers
- A great benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, and more.
- Competitive compensation with advancement opportunities and tuition / training reimbursement.
- Awarded "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation" in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Awarded "Top 100 Workplaces for Growing Families" by Orlando Sentinel.
- Modernized and attractive health centers, that patients love.
Under the guidance of the Director of Pharmacy and the Pharmacy Managers and Pharmacy Coordinator, the Pharmacy Technician Specialist assists with onboarding and training for new and existing pharmacy staff and students. Performs administrative functions and ensures compliance with Pharmacy related policies and procedures. Functions as a Pharmacy Subject Matter Expert for software programs used in the Pharmacy. Responsible for assisting the Pharmacist in filling prescriptions, billing of prescriptions to third parties, collection of payments from patients and maintaining drug inventory. Provides float technician coverage and remote assistance coverage as assigned.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
Pharmacy Technician Specialist:
- Assists the Director of Pharmacy, Pharmacy Managers and Pharmacy Coordinator to identify objectives and strategies for performance improvement in pharmacy operations, communications and management of patient care.
- Assists with orientation and training of newly hired staff. Assists with the on-boarding and training schedule for new team members, including pharmacists, technicians and students.
- Assists in providing ongoing training to the pharmacy team members, including students.
- Maintains departmental training records.
- In partnership with pharmacy leaders and HR, assists with the development and maintenance of pharmacy technician competencies.
- Assists in maintaining and updating new and existing policies and procedures.
- Assists with organizing, communicating and implementing organizational and pharmacy related goals and objectives.
- Functions as a pharmacy subject matter expert for EMR, pharmacy software and other software programs related to pharmacy.
- Maintains pharmacy schedule and rearranges coverage as needed. Reports changes to the Director of Pharmacy, Pharmacy Managers and Pharmacy Coordinator.
- Conducts and participates in real or mock surveys and/or emergency drills. Follows up on corrective action as required or recommended.
- Responsible for completing assigned pharmacy reports.
- Acts as a liaison between pharmacy sites regarding pharmacy related business and/or clinical functions as applicable.
- Completes additional projects and/or duties as assigned within established guidelines.
- Performs duties in assigned position and will fill in if there is an absence of/or shortage of pharmacy technician staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in site meetings to address patient care and operational requirements, including one-on-one communication.
- Prescriptions - (Data entry) Enters patient information including insurance coverage and prescriptions in the pharmacy software.
- Submits insurance claims and follows up on rejections.
- Types labels neatly and without error.
- Counts and measures medications correctly.
- Billing & payments from customers & third party
- Completes cash and insurance transactions accurately.
- Figures cost & pricing of prescriptions correctly.
- Collects payments from patients &/or family members and provide receipts.
- Supplies and inventory
- Cleans and maintains supplies in pharmacy.
- Receives vendor orders; brings orders to pharmacy; signs invoices documenting receipt, checks incoming drugs and stock drugs for current dating.
- Completes inventories in an accurate and timely manner.
- Initiates and corresponds with 3rd party insurers regarding qualifying information and follows up with possible inclusion and set up for all pharmacy sites.
- Corresponds with 3rd party insurers regarding drug rejections, reversals, additions and inquiries regarding reimbursements.
- Assists with pharmacy compliance to applicable statutory requirements (DEA, Board of Pharmacy) and compliance to accreditation standards (AAAHC).
- Initiate contact with providers to obtain corrections or clarification of prescription.
- Maintains accurate accounting for drugs obtained and dispensed through patient assistance or other patient friendly programs. Submits reversals as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate routing of expired drugs to reverse distributor and follows up with proof of disposition and any appropriate credits.
- Maintains accurate record of drugs returned to wholesaler and follows up with proof of credit.
- Mentors new pharmacy technicians to include all processes used at CHC.
- Assists with record-keeping requirements.
- Sends updates of drug file changes and additions to all pharmacies.
- Sends reminders to pharmacy manager of upcoming employee leave requests and corresponding personnel coverage.
- Types, copies and distributes correspondence, memos, agendas, and reports.
- Will be assigned to others centers to assist with coverage on an as needed basis.
- May run errands as assigned.
- Required to frequently travel to all CHC locations as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two years of retail experience required.
- Microsoft office and related computer skills experience required.
- Previous training experience preferred.
- Knowledge of EHR and Pharmacy software is preferred.
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician by the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
- Certified as a Pharmacy Technician by PTCB or NHA or must be obtained within 180 days of hire.
- Current Florida Driver's License required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish helpful.
- All written communication and work products must be accurate, professional and reflect the quality standards of CHC.
- Able to work flexible hours and sites as needed on short notice.
- Required to travel to all CHC pharmacy locations.